Sports 'n More
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports 'n More

Talk about all sports from the Big 4 to the MLS.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miami Dolphins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisSabal
Admin
ChrisSabal

Knowledge : 2

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Well since the Miami Dolphins are my favorite team I am going to write up a little preview on them before the season starts. I was thinking of doing every team but I think I may to the Dolphins and a couple others.

Offense

QB - The biggest question mark on this team is easily the QB situation. Ryan Tannehill is a QB converted WR converted QB. A rookie that will have troubles in what now appears to be a tough AFC East. He will have to throw towards the likes of Revis and Chung twice this season. He will also be rushed by guys like Mario Williams for the Bills. For him to have success this year, I believe, is to realize he won't have much of a successful season so he should use this season as a learning experience.

HB - A surprising non-hole in their system this year. Reggie Bush finally put up 1,000 yards rushing last year but he is known to be an injury prone player. Reggie Bush should make a big impact this year as he is really their only offensive weapon. He can catch and he can run. If Bush does indeed happen to go down they have a bruiser of a RB in Daniel Thomas waiting his turn to play.

FB - Lane is a rookie from Texas A & M. He will play how he is expected to. Protect Tannehill, protect Bush, and sometimes pound the ball.

WR/TE - Our top 2 WR are arguably some of the best slot receivers in the game. The only problem is they aren't playing slot. They are our number 1 and 2. Bess was a great 3 when he was there with us. Stepping up into the 1 role will be a tough transition as it showed stepping up in the 2 hole was rough for him so the 1 hole will be even harder. Naanee is once again a great slot receiver but that is all he should be. Having this guy in your 2 hole is a cause for concern that you don't have not great but good WRs. Anthony Fasano should have a normal year like he normally has. 400 yards and 3-6 touchdowns. Tannehill isn't known for using TEs but Philbin uses them as a threat like he did with Finley in Green Bay.

OL - The O-Line has 1 great spot in Jake Long. There is a reason he was drafted 1 and he keeps showing why he was. Then we have a pretty good spot in center Mike Pouncey. He should prove, like Long, that he will be with the Dolphins to stay and help create this young offensive line. Other than that we have 3 question marks. At LG and RG we have 2 veterans of the game but they never were really all that great not even all that good. Then at RT we have rookie Johnathon Martin out of Stanford. He will have troubles but hopefully Jake Long can serve as a mentor to him and help him down the road to become a great tackle like Long is today.
Back to top Go down
https://sportsnmore.forumotion.com
Vikingfanant

Vikingfanant

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Very nice write-up. I agree with the TE utilization under the Philbin offense.

Btw, I love your avatar
Back to top Go down
devinforseven

devinforseven

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 pm

ChrisSabal wrote:
Well since the Miami Dolphins are my favorite team I am going to write up a little preview on them before the season starts. I was thinking of doing every team but I think I may to the Dolphins and a couple others.

Offense

QB - The biggest question mark on this team is easily the QB situation. Ryan Tannehill is a QB converted WR converted QB. A rookie that will have troubles in what now appears to be a tough AFC East. He will have to throw towards the likes of Revis and Chung twice this season. He will also be rushed by guys like Mario Williams for the Bills. For him to have success this year, I believe, is to realize he won't have much of a successful season so he should use this season as a learning experience.

HB - A surprising non-hole in their system this year. Reggie Bush finally put up 1,000 yards rushing last year but he is known to be an injury prone player. Reggie Bush should make a big impact this year as he is really their only offensive weapon. He can catch and he can run. If Bush does indeed happen to go down they have a bruiser of a RB in Daniel Thomas waiting his turn to play.

FB - Lane is a rookie from Texas A & M. He will play how he is expected to. Protect Tannehill, protect Bush, and sometimes pound the ball.

WR/TE - Our top 2 WR are arguably some of the best slot receivers in the game. The only problem is they aren't playing slot. They are our number 1 and 2. Bess was a great 3 when he was there with us. Stepping up into the 1 role will be a tough transition as it showed stepping up in the 2 hole was rough for him so the 1 hole will be even harder. Naanee is once again a great slot receiver but that is all he should be. Having this guy in your 2 hole is a cause for concern that you don't have not great but good WRs. Anthony Fasano should have a normal year like he normally has. 400 yards and 3-6 touchdowns. Tannehill isn't known for using TEs but Philbin uses them as a threat like he did with Finley in Green Bay.

OL - The O-Line has 1 great spot in Jake Long. There is a reason he was drafted 1 and he keeps showing why he was. Then we have a pretty good spot in center Mike Pouncey. He should prove, like Long, that he will be with the Dolphins to stay and help create this young offensive line. Other than that we have 3 question marks. At LG and RG we have 2 veterans of the game but they never were really all that great not even all that good. Then at RT we have rookie Johnathon Martin out of Stanford. He will have troubles but hopefully Jake Long can serve as a mentor to him and help him down the road to become a great tackle like Long is today.

Thank you for Brandon Marshall.
Back to top Go down
andrewoherron

Knowledge : 0

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 pm

ChrisSabal wrote:

Offense

Honestly, this season is going in the tank for the phins. The good news? They will have a top 5 draft choice easily. The other good news? They do have some pieces, they are not the Colts who are starting from scratch. The line looks decent with Pouncey and Long. Bess is a great #3 like you said if they can get 2 other guys in there. Bush and Thomas is a more than capable duo who can be the two RB on a playoff caliber team. I think Tannehill is doomed to fail. He has nobody to give the ball to since the #1 DB will be on Bess, who will win that battle 7 or 8 out of 10 times.

The fact is, they have some nice pieces, but they are all support roles. They have no big names, no guys who can step up and carry this team. I see them being the Lions in recent years. It's gunna get worse before it gets better in Miami, but throw in a couple of top draft choices (Stafford, Johnson) add in a couple of FAs (VandenBosch) and hope for a sleeper or 2 (Best) this could be a playoff team by graduation.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSabal
Admin
ChrisSabal

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Defense

DL - The Dolphins defensive line is their tiny glimmer of hope. With Wake, Soliai, Starks and Odrick this defensive line looks like one of the best in the league. Odrick is young but could possibly make a big impact this year because of how much attention will be on the other 3 players. Cameron Wake is a sack machine and will make a big impact on the d-line this year and Starks and Paul Soliai will make a huge impact on run stopping. If there is something the Dolphins should be happy about it is the defensive line they have.

LB - At Linebacker they have an already proven Karlos Dansby. Then they have an alright LB in Kevin Burnett and Koa Misi who is entering his 3rd season and becoming a veteran in the league. Dansby will obviously be the better of the two LB and will be a leader of this defense. Misi could come around after being in the league for 2 years and entering his 3rd season. Burnett should once again amass 100 tackles and maybe even finish around 120.

Secondary - Before the Davis trade the Dolphins had a great duo of CBs like they had back in the day with Madison and Surtain. After the Davis trade they have Sean Smith. Don't get me wrong Richard Marshall is an good CB but nothing like Davis was. The safeties in Clemons and Jones are average with Jones being the better player. I think the Dolphins secondary isn't the worst after the Davis trade but it didn't help either.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSabal
Admin
ChrisSabal

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Schedule

Week 1: @ Houston-Loss. Not only is it on the road but it is against one of the best teams in the league and a team the Phins have never beat.

Week 2: vs Oakland-Win. Dolphins come home and win one for Miami. I am guessing Dolphins capitalize on Palmer's mistakes.

Week 3: vs NY Jets-Win. Once again Dolphins win one at home and they win against a team in turmoil in the Jets.

Week 4: @ Arizona-Win. I don't see Kolb surviving the Dolphins d-line or Skelton being able to beat the Cards.

Week 5: @ Cincinnati-Loss. The Phins hot streak finally ends and it is against the QB they should have drafted in Andy Dalton.

Week 6: vs St. Louis-Loss. Every team always loses to the team they were supposed to beat and well in this case that is the Dolphins losing to the Rams.

Week 7: Bye.

Week 8: @ NY Jets-Loss. Jets should have settled down by now and probably have found their rhythm. Dolphins lose this one. Tannehill throws at least 3 picks.

Week 9: @ Colts-Win. The Dolphins might be bad but they are good enough to beat an Andrew Luck Colts' lead team.

Week 10: vs-Titans-Win. Dolphins win at home after being able to stop Chris Johnson.

Week 11: @ Buffalo-Loss. Mario Williams exposes the Dolphins o-line and gets 3 sacks and hurries Tannehill 5 times leading Tannehill to throw 3 interceptions.

Week 12: vs Seattle-Loss. Wilson leads the Seahawks to be the Dolphins on the road.

Week 13: vs Patriots-Loss. Tannehill plays his first real big team and gets embarrassed. Pats take this one in a beat down.

Week 14: @ 49ers-Loss. 49ers may not be as good as they were last year but their defense still will be and they cause Tannehill to make mistakes.

Week 15: vs Jaguars-Win. Dolphins break their losing streak and beat a Jaguars team that isn't too good.

Week 16: vs Buffalo-Loss. Bill will most likely have to play this game as they might be fighting for a playoff spot. Dolphins won't be the spoiler.

Week 17: @ Patriots-Win. I think the Patriots should have close to a first round bye wrapped up and they will be playing their bench.

Record: 7-9
Offensive MVP: Reggie Bush
Defensive MVP: Cameron Wake
Joe Philbin: Philbin should do a fine job his first year as a head coach but that should be due to the fact of a fairly easy schedule.
Back to top Go down
devinforseven

devinforseven

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:23 am

ChrisSabal wrote:
Schedule

Week 1: @ Houston-Loss. Not only is it on the road but it is against one of the best teams in the league and a team the Phins have never beat.

Week 2: vs Oakland-Win. Dolphins come home and win one for Miami. I am guessing Dolphins capitalize on Palmer's mistakes.

Week 3: vs NY Jets-Win. Once again Dolphins win one at home and they win against a team in turmoil in the Jets.

Week 4: @ Arizona-Win. I don't see Kolb surviving the Dolphins d-line or Skelton being able to beat the Cards.

Week 5: @ Cincinnati-Loss. The Phins hot streak finally ends and it is against the QB they should have drafted in Andy Dalton.

Week 6: vs St. Louis-Loss. Every team always loses to the team they were supposed to beat and well in this case that is the Dolphins losing to the Rams.

Week 8: @ NY Jets-Loss. Jets should have settled down by now and probably have found their rhythm. Dolphins lose this one. Tannehill throws at least 3 picks.

Week 9: @ Colts-Win. The Dolphins might be bad but they are good enough to beat an Andrew Luck Colts' lead team.

Week 10: vs-Titans-Win. Dolphins win at home after being able to stop Chris Johnson.

Week 11: @ Buffalo-Loss. Mario Williams exposes the Dolphins o-line and gets 3 sacks and hurries Tannehill 5 times leading Tannehill to throw 3 interceptions.

Week 12: vs Seattle-Loss. Wilson leads the Seahawks to be the Dolphins on the road.

Week 13: vs Patriots-Loss. Tannehill plays his first real big team and gets embarrassed. Pats take this one in a beat down.

Week 14: @ 49ers-Loss. 49ers may not be as good as they were last year but their defense still will be and they cause Tannehill to make mistakes.

Week 15: vs Jaguars-Win. Dolphins break their losing streak and beat a Jaguars team that isn't too good.

Week 16: vs Buffalo-Loss. Bill will most likely have to play this game as they might be fighting for a playoff spot. Dolphins won't be the spoiler.

Week 17: @ Patriots-Win. I think the Patriots should have close to a first round bye wrapped up and they will be playing their bench.

Joe Philbin: Philbin should do a fine job his first year as a head coach but that should be due to the fact of a fairly easy schedule.

Belichick doesn't sit starters so I think the Dolphins will lose that game.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSabal
Admin
ChrisSabal

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:29 am

devinforseven wrote:
ChrisSabal wrote:
Schedule

Belichick doesn't sit starters so I think the Dolphins will lose that game.

well he did in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. afro
Back to top Go down
andrewoherron

Knowledge : 0

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 am

ChrisSabal wrote:
Schedule

@ Houston - Loss
vs. Oakland- Loss
vs. NY Jets - Loss *
@ Arizona - Win *
@ Cinci - Loss
vs. St. Louis - Win *
@ NY Jets - Loss
@ Indianapolis - Loss *
vs. Tennessee - Win
@ Buffalo - Loss
vs. Seattle - Win *
vs. New England- Loss
@ San Francisco- Loss
vs. Jacksonville - Win
vs. Buffalo - Loss *
@ New England - Loss

Toss Up game: meaning a key injury or minor change in events could change the result of the game
Record: 5-11
Best Case: 8-8
Worst Case: 2-14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miami Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miami Dolphins   Miami Dolphins Empty

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports 'n More :: NFL-